While the end product wasn't fabulous, I really loved the whole process of cutting with scissors, and stitching bits of fabric together and generally being inspired as I went along.
Many many months ago I received a beautiful parcel of sweet Oakshott Cottons called Impressions (thank you Michael and Lynne!).
I decided I wanted to use these delicious colours to make a larger improv quilt (click on photo to see closer).
The whole process was a lot of fun and very freeing. I'm pretty happy with the end result on this one too!
I really love seeing how other people create and make their quilts, so I thought it might be fun to show some 'step by step photo's on how I've made this improv quilt.
Over the next few weeks or so I will be showing how I started this quilt, how I put together some of the blocks, and the process I used to join all of the blocks together to make the quilt top.
So if you've never tried improv quilting before, maybe it's time to break out the scraps in your stash and have a go!!