Monday, March 17, 2014

Shops and Shopping

As you know I love a certain shop in Melbourne (Gardenvale) going by the sweet name of Amitie! I have plenty to show from them at the moment. Firstly, some finished blocks from the Bring Me Flowers BOM...



These sweet blocks are going to make a beautiful quilted garden one day.



The good news about this BOM is that if you missed out on joining up, the pattern will be released in May, yay!


Next I had two fabric stash clubs arrive (do excuse me for photographing the fabrics amongst my coloured candle holders, I couldn't resist!!)....


The great thing about the stash clubs is receiving fabrics you may not normally choose. And I really like being able to see the fabrics in my hand rather than through a computer screen before I go and buy my favourites from Amitie!!!


And the Liberty Stash club...oh my there are many favourites amongst this lot.


Then my latest block for the above BOM arrived. Oh these are gorgeous....


So that's it from Amitie. The other shop I will be visiting this week is Material Obsession...in Sydney!! I'm off early tomorrow and can't wait to pop into Sydney for a couple of days. I will be back soon, hopefully with a little stash to show. xo

12 comments:

Sharon Eshlaman said...

I'm also doing Bring Me Flowers BOM. The fabrics are wonderful and definitely something I wouldn't pick out simply because I don't have the vision. It's going to be beautiful when finished and one of a kind for me.

Cardygirl said...

Have fun in Sydney...missing meeting up again!

Dee said...

What a happy post to wake up to! All those cheerful colors on a blah, Indiana winter morning...thanks for sharing them! Love your fabrics!

Teje Karjalainen said...

I love your flower blocks! Beautiful fabric photos! x Teje

Nifty Quilts said...

Your flowers are very fun. I always love your fabric choices. Have fun in Sydney!

Anita said...

Love your blocks so far! Can't wait to see it finished :)

Oops-Lah said...

I love that BOM with the flowers, so cheerful and a bit unusual (a friend here is doing it too). I hope to be able to visit Amitie one day as it seems to be a fabric lover's paradise.

Jenny M said...

Yes, Amitie is a great shop, one could spend ages in there checking out all their gorgeous fabric. I wish the shop was closer, but maybe my husband & my bank account think it is a good thing that the shop is an hours drive for me to get there!
Enjoy Sydney and visiting Material Obsessions.

Andi said...

Have a wonderful time in Sydney Cathy xxx

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Beautiful blocks!

cOto.patchwork said...

Lovely! So beautiful!!!! :-)

Suz J said...

I love how your flower BOM is coming along. When I've finished my fabric/WIP diet... I'm planning to get started on the Green Beans quilt with a starter pack from Amitie. How is your Green Beans progressing?