Monday, October 28, 2013

Heading North, Studio and Amitie

Wowee, I cannot believe it's been almost 3 weeks since I was here last, I have been working I promise! I don't know if anyone can be bothered checking in here anymore, and I totally understand that with my pathetic lack of posting and blog reading lately, so I'm happy to say Hi to the one or two who may drop in! At the moment I'm cutting sweet little bundles of fabric...


...to take to a group I will be teaching in Brisbane, yay! I am very excited about popping back up to Bris again as most of my family are there, so I will take the opportunity to see family and friends while I'm there. It's going to be really nice to see some sun for a change, Melbourne has been rather sad and gloomy for weeks and weeks. Every now and again we have a stunner like this....


...then it's back to more of this...!


My studio is going amazingly well and I often wish I didn't have to come in to cook dinner, or go to the loo, or leave my room at all! I am getting inspired creatively, as well as putting in a few decorative touches. Like these lovely blue and white Staffordshire plates I picked up from my local op shop for $4 (I love a bargain)...


Or this gorgeous clock sewing machine, complete with swinging scissors, which was given to me by my super wonderful stitch group in celebration of my new studio. (Thanks so much girls, I adore it).


I had another sweet parcel of deliciousness arrive from my postie this week...


...this months stash club fabric from Amitie. They have the best choices don't you think? And talking of Amitie, did you see that Jen has now released her popular block of the month Gypsy Wife as a booklet pattern, yay.

Jen Kingwell's Stunning Gypsy Wife Pattern

This one is definitely on my to buy list. For news of an amazing tour that Jen (and Sue Spargo) are running, check out here, oh wow, I must learn to save up my money instead of spending it all on fabric!!

I know a few of you are wanting to know how my change of lifestyle is going (posted here). I will get a photo for an update very soon and let you know! In the meantime I will leave you with a photo of a deeeeelicious avocado chocolate mousse with sweet cashew cream that I made recently. Yes, and perhaps I will even share this recipe when I update!!


On the quilting front, I am still working on this beast...


3 1/2 rows out of the 5 have now been hand quilted in straightlines 1/4 inch apart. The quilting is feeling amazing, the texture is so earthy and organic (don't quite know how else to describe it!!). 

Well, that's it for now, I will take some photo's while in Brisbane, and may even pop in here while I'm up there (must remember to pack the laptop!). I hope your week is a great one. xo

23 comments:

Salley said...

Of course I can be bothered checking... your posts are always so inspiring!
Love the use of colour and snippets of fun info.

Oops-Lah said...

Don't worry, I'm sure there are more than just one or two checking in here. I'm always exited when I see that you've posted as I know it's going to be eye candy galore. You've been busy and will be for a while, it seems with teaching, quilting and all sorts of other necessary things like cooking etc....!

Pip said...

The quilting on your Flower Garden is really coming along, I understand what you mean about earthy and organic having just finished quilting something similar. What sort of fabric are you using for your backing? I used voile for mine, it made it really easy to quilt.

Patchwork and Play said...

I can hardly believe you are hand quilting lines 1/4" apart! That says 'stamina' to me ! You are one focused lady!! And its gorgeous!

Quilting Dee said...

Great to see you back with a newsy colourful post! How you are hand quilting 1/4" apart, I do not know! I'm machine quilting 1/4" apart and going crazy. Hand quilting would be more relaxing though with a great feel to the quilt.

Susie said...

You are in my blog feed and I was very happy to see a post from you tonight - so of course you must keep posting. I adore Jen's Gypsy wife too but think I want to do Midnight at the Oasis first. I can't wait to see close ups of that quarter inch quilting (love hand quilting). Looking forward to seeing the recipe of that mousse. As I mentioned last time you journey is inspirational and I'm sure not only to me. Hope you have a fantastic time in Brisbane. Mixing business (fun business) with family will be wonderful for you.

Paula Hensley Murphy said...

Love the pictures! So happy to hear from you. I check all the time.

debsway said...

I love reading your blog, I always check in and love to know how your new lifestyle is going. Very inspirational!!!!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Glad you are back. That recipe looks yummy!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Cathy! I was just thinking these days how are you! I'm happy to hear you enjoy your new studio and feel inspired and energy! That clock is amazing! Have a great week! x Teje

Anna said...

I so love your joie du vive! not French so I hope I spelled it correctly, lol

pandchintz said...

Goodness you've been busy!! And of course I check in (actually I've signed up with blogger so anything you do just conveniently pops up, so I'm in no danger of forgetting you!!!). Love your bargain plates! Have a fab time in Brisbane - please do post some sunshine photos, I've forgotten what sunshine looks like!! x

Christine Once upon a Quilt said...

I do check in too..... Where are you going to teach i. Brisbane

Cardygirl said...

Lots of loveliness happening there...have fun in Brisvegas!

Nifty Quilts said...

It's nice to read your catch up post. I'm so glad you're enjoying your studio so much! Have fun in Brisbane. I hope you will post the recipe for that wonderful looking mouse when you return.

Deb said...

I think life gets in the way for most of us at some stage...I think life got in the way of my blogging for 2 years once!! Anyway great to see you posting again and some lovely piccies. Have fun in Brisbane!

Karin said...

Oh that gypsy wife quilt! I have admired it since it was first introduced. Would love to buy it but its still pretty expensive. Maybe I will find it on Amazon in the future

Karin said...

Oh that gypsy wife quilt! I have admired it since it was first introduced. Would love to buy it but its still pretty expensive. Maybe I will find it on Amazon in the future

meli B said...

As lazy as I am, you are on my Blogroll so I get a daily feed of all the new posts. Looks like its all happening for you. Good to hear. Enjoy the sunshine because we sure aren't getting much here!

Teresa Rawson said...

Nice quilting on the "beast" - you will be finished soon and so proud! Well done!

Teresa :o)

Miriam said...

Congratulations on the teaching! Have lots of fun.
Great bargain hunting with those plates! They're beautiful.
Glad you love the clock!

Sandi said...

Just love the Blue Plates...my favourite!! Have a great time in Brisbane! :)

hasnain raza said...

Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
lolsgag.com